Sunday, November 16, 2008

Great News from us to You

Hello Everyone,

This our first attempt at creating a blog. For weeks we have been trying to figure out how to communicate with all our far flung families & friends & we think we are finally on to something.

I would like to introduce my fiancee, Kurt Voelkelt. He has been a trusted friend & confidant for over two years, in fact he has been my landlord for that same time. Idid not recognize that God was preparing my hearts desires to be fulfilled. As is usually the case, Kurt, being the man, felt a stirring within his heart long before I was aware of any serious interest on his part. I was very cautious, but Kurt was ever so kind, patient & self sacrificing that I was constantly overwhelmed by the demonstration of Gods love working through this man. Little did I know that varied events would lead us to the point that we accepted that the Lord was calling us to contemplate a life together. I have appreciated your prayers on my behalf for so many years & want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am overwhelmed that God would so richly bless me at this time with the gift of a most wonderful man. All of you know my diligent search & struggle to find "Mr. Right" & there he was , living right next to me. I am most grateful that I allowed the Lord to work patience into my life as well as the grace to endure when I struggled.

Who would of thought this would happen!!! After years of diligent prayer, of constant seeking the Lords will & of patient wandering in many desolate places, we are so overwhelmed by the joy that resides within our hearts as we realize that our futures are intertwined forever.

On Oct 12, 2008, Kurt asked me if I would honor him by accepting his invitation to become his wife. It was with joy & peace that I accepted his declaration of love & support.

It was 26 years ago today, that I gave my heart to the Lord. He has challenged me to grow in His love all these years. One of the challenges has been, "be patient & trust me". As many of you know, Gods' timing is not ours & sometimes we get impatient, but if we wait upon the Lord, He will renew our strength & make us to rise upon eagles wings.

We are planning to be married on May 9th, 2009 here in the beautiful Ft. Collins, CO area. As our plans become more detailed, we will share them with you. As of now, we are planning on an outdoor event & pray that the Lord bless us with the beautiful Colorado weather & sunshine we are so used to.

We covet your ongoing prayers on our behalf that we might bring honor & glory to our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.

As we learn how this blog works, we will share more of our lives & the details of our encounter & the varied events leading us to this point in our lives.

With great joy & thankfulness, we hope to see you here for our wedding.

Blessings to all, WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!

Kurt & Patti*




3 comments:

TanyaBee said...

You did great getting your blog up and going! Somewhere in my inbox, I have an email from dear Linda Hart that tells you how to do more of the "fancy" stuff on your blog---adding things in, etc. I never figure that stuff out! I'll see if I can find it and send it to you. You did a good job, though! :) blessings

Mike Linquist said...

Hi, Patti.
Mike Linquist here. You made Melody very happy with your announcement of your upcoming wedding. She is really excited about it. She showed me where you began a blogsite. Cool.
My brothers and I have been blogging now for the better part of five years. WE love it.
If you need any help in tweaking your blog site, I'd be glad to help. YOu can post pictures and reference links in your blogging posts.
You can control the privacy of it, too. You can invite people to just read it, and you can invite people that you can allow to make posts, also. It's a neat way to stay in touch and you're not tied to the cell phone or have to blog at some specific time.
So, let me know if you'd need any assistance.
We lift up your upcoming marriage. We pray for your happiness and complete fulfillment. Awesome news!
Love in Christ, Mike Linquist

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti!
It was great chatting with you today. I guessed right about you being engaged to be married! Thank God for his wonderful timing and great guidance. I so glad God has brought Kurt into your life. Waiting sometimes is very hard but it certainly was worth waiting for the right guy. Yes, I opened the blog and enjoyed reading. I did open Tanya's blog also, a mother of 6 already!
I work with computer at work ALL day so when I come home, I try not to get online.. That is why I did not have time to figure it out or set up any special files. Besides, the operating system on my computer is with Windows 98 so it is getting old and not comparable for several things. I hope to get a new computer next year and start doing little things at a time.. Hopefully when that time comes, I will be able to set up my own blog. Mike Linquist gave few tips on how of blogs.. so I may get that hints from him as well as asking my niece who already has one.
Patti, please keep me informed of upcoming wedding plans... I would love to be there.. Hopefully I can bring my own family. Let's keep in touch more often. Love and Blessings.